Sunday, May 31, 2009

Redefining the Safe Zone

So, I have made a commitment to myself to intentionally stretch to test the limits of my capabilities rather than just playing it safe and sticking with what comes easily. The weird thing is that I'm starting to realize that if something is within the limits of my capabilities, it really isn't all that risky. Circumstances outside my control may impact the success of my efforts, but if I am acting within my abilities, I don't really have a valid reason for lacking confidence. What I recognize is that I'm actually redefining the boundaries of my "safe zone" in this process. I'm not entirely sure what could have convinced me to draw those limits with such constraint, but expanding what I am willing to acknowledge about myself is quite a bit of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment