Sunday, March 22, 2009

Good Advice

After working a full day, I am allowing myself to just plan out the week tonight. Not in a hurry to get anything accomplished. Not making any arbitrary deadlines. Just looking at my schedule for the week and prioritizing things a little differently. Putting emphasis on the most important things rather than the most urgent things or the tasks that will be most quickly or easily accomplished. I can't help but smile about this.

And now, I am going to spend some time on my creative efforts as my mentor and friend Art Gottschalk advised: Sit in a comfortable chair and think about what you want to hear when the curtain opens on your piece.

3 comments:

  1. Time management guru, Harold Taylor, suggests setting tasks up into a quadrant and having each quad labeled with the following headings: urgent and important, urgent and unimportant, not urgent and important, not urgent and not important. When I start to think this way about a task list, it really clears things up.
    That's my two cents,
    ~J

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's worth more than that I think...

    ReplyDelete